Thursday, December 23, 2010

reminiscing 2010

I can't believe that the year 2010 is soon ending.. where did the time go?
When I look back on the past year, I honestly see a year of chaos and drama. This is probably because I recently just finished up being President of my sorority. By the end of my one year term, I was ready to hand the position over. Don't get me wrong, it was one of the most amazing experiences - but it was drama and stress filled. I spent so many nights up late crying, or dealing with never ending drama. I dealt with many ups and downs throughout the year, and when I think back - I realize this year was a huge learning experience for me. I really now can look back and thank God for giving me this year because it challenged me to be a better person, and it helped me grow up. Sometimes it's hard to see the sun through the constant rain clouds, but I think I'm starting to see the sun shine through, and hoping that 2011 brings lots of happiness my way!

Here are some of my highs & lows of the year..

highs
- Being elected the President of my sorority. It was one of the most amazing, and rewarding experiences of my life.
- I had the honor of being chosen as the opening speaker for my sororities National Convention in New Orleans - I was asked by the National President! It was a huge honor, and an amazing experience I will never forget. Giving a speech in front of 1,000 people
- Being elected Senior Class Secretary
- Moving into a house with my 5 best friends / pledge sisters. Since the time we started pledging, we talked about living together senior year all 6 of us and it became an actual reality. I am so thankful and loving everyday of it!
-

lows
- The drama that came along with being President. I spent many nights crying over drama and girls being stupid.
- Not passing the Praxis, forcing me to stay in school one extra semester and delay student teaching to September.
- After being in agony for a month, finally figuring out that I have a herniated disk.
- My relationship with one of my really good friends fizzling and basically ending.

& here are some of my hopes..


hopes for the new year
- enjoying the last real semester at college with my friends
- trying to work on learning how to relax, because it is something I seem unable to do
- run a 5k race, it's something I've been wanting to do!
- genuinely have a good, positive, happy year!
- keep in touch with all my friends after graduation - they mean the world to me!
- getting a job after I graduate
-potentially meeting a nice guy (yeah, right!)
- successfully passing the Praxis (fingers crossed)
- keep blogging :)


Hope you all had a great 2010, and I hope that 2011 is even better for everyone!!

xox

No comments: